To order your books you need to complete three parts; a registration, the actual order and time slot booking.
PART 1: The registration (you only need to do this one time)
This part is completely non-committal. In this part, you sign up to buy a €6 membership card. Buying one means that you will get a discount on your book order, but you’ll also be able to enjoy other benefits all around Ghent. You can find all the benefits of our membership card at the section here. You can use your membership card for one year. So people who did their registration last year, need to do it again.
1) Go to registratie.fkgent.be and sign up as a member of VPPK (Flemish Psychological and Educational Union)
2) Select “Ik ken mijn UGentNet gebruikersnaam en wachtwoord” (This means: “I know my UGentNet username and password”). In case you have a problem uploading your photograph at step 5, then select: “Ik vul zelf al mijn gegevens in” (This means: “I will fill up my details myself”).
3) Log in with your UGent username and password (=your CAS; you have received those when you signed up at the UGent).
4) Fill up all your details. Don’t forget to mention your e-mail address! That’s how we will give you important information related to your books and possible problems. Therefore, give us an e-mail address you will check regularly.
5) After you have selected “Selectie vastleggen” your registration is completed.
6) Just like your books, you can pick up your membership card in the faculty library. There you need to follow route “lidkaart”. IMPORTANT: you need to book a time slot first (check part 3).
PART 2: Ordering your books
1) When your registration is completed (you can also order without being registrated), go to shop.fkgent.be
2) Change the language to English by clicking on the Dutch flag in the upper right corner.
3) Click on “registration” to make an account.
4) Fill in your personal e-mail address.
5) Log in with CAS.
6) Confirm your e-mail address via the link in the confirmation mail you received.
7) Select “VPPK/Vlaamse Psychologische en Pedagogische Kring”.
8) Don’t mind the step “before you order”. If you ordered a membership card, ignore “You are not registered as a member of this organisation”. Your membership card will be activated directly after you pick it up.
9) Compose your order. You can filter by field of study and courses.
10) Tick the books you want to order.
11) Confirm and order.
– Membership card: only cash or Payconiq
– Books: only Bancontact or Payconiq
IN CASE YOU HAVE QUESTIONS/COMMENTS, PLEASE CONTACT: email@example.com